2nd Place in UNL’s Math Bowl Double Elimination Competition:
The 26th UNL Math Day was held on Thursday, November 19th in Lincoln. Nearly 100 Nebraska high schools attended with around 1,500 total students. This event consists of the PROBE I and PROBE II exams and the Math Bowl Competition. Mattie, Buck, Becky, and Kevin participated in the PROBE I exam during Math Day.
Buck, Becky, and Kevin formed a teamed to compete in the Math Bowl double elimination competition. The students participated in the Class VI Math Bowl Bracket which consisted of 16 teams. The end of the day concluded with these three students participating in the Championship round against Scott Middle School. The Keya Paha High School students brought home a runner-up trophy.
Google Calendar Tutorial Video:
Please check out the new information link (look left) called “Instructional Materials”. It has a fabulous video on how to set up a Google account (if you don’t have one), add the KPCS calendar to your own (fewer calendars to manage – yay!), and add it to your phone! A huge thank you to Stephanie from ESU 17 for putting this together for us! Check it out!
National Poppy Poster Winner:
Congratulations to Katelyn for being awarded as a National Poppy Poster Winning Artist! We are all proud of you!
Veteran’s Day Program, Wednesday, 11/11/15 at 10:30am!, UPDATE 11/16/15:
Thank you to everyone who joined us at the Veterans’ Day Program on 11/11/15! We had a great turn out and appreciate everyone pulling together for the program…
- Freshman Computer Applications class…you did a great job putting together the PowerPoint!
- We LOVED all the artwork, research, and encouraging posters from all ages (thanks to the Historical Society for their assistance with this too)!
- Thank you to the 5th and 6th graders for being hosts and hostesses!
- We still have the choir songs stuck in our head, so that confirms success on the music front!
- Appreciation to Buck for being a great narrator, Patty for helping with technology, to the Yearbook staff for taking pics, and to all of the teachers and students who helped set up and tear down the gym…impressive work!
- HUGE thanks to Veterans who allowed us to take some video of you, to the Color Guard who kindly began and ended our program, and also to all of the Veterans who were able to attend and participate! We thank you for your service…because of you we are free!
- We very much appreciate the Springview Herald for advertising the program!
- And we so enjoyed the Poppy Poster presentation by Chana…thank you for a great surprise and CONGRATS Katelyn!!!
Check out the pictures in the slideshow below. You will see some of the artwork, the Veterans, and the presentation of our National Poppy Poster Winner, Katelyn!
FFA Travels to Louisville, KY for FFA National Convention:
Put twenty-one kids in a bus for 16 hours and you’re bound to see a lot a headphones and blankets. Armed with these essentials and more, six Springview FFA kids departed on an adventure that consumed their last week in October and spent it in Louisville, KY instead of sitting in a classroom studying. Kristine, Kylin, Ashley, Jacob, Ty, and Ethan accompanied fifteen of the Rock County kids to the National FFA Convention and Expo in Louisville, Kentucky. These lucky participants attended the convention to watch the Bassett kids compete and to take part in the phenomenal event. Over 65,000 FFA members from all 50 states attended to listen to inspiring speakers, partake in leadership activities, and learn new things at the expo. On the opening night motivational speaker Rick Rigsby spoke about becoming a leader and his humor was a big hit. Thursday morning the kids got to tour Churchill Downs. On Friday Amberley Snyder, a paraplegic barrel racer and breakaway roper, spoke about overcoming obstacles. Although it was a long bus drive, all the kids had a lot of fun and look forward to maybe competing themselves next year. – Summary provided by Ashley
Winter Weather Awareness Packet:
Check out the Winter Weather Awareness Packet with the link below. The packet provides a great deal of information on winter impacts, weather impact terminology, and additional information on hazards and events from last year across the state of Nebraska.
Click here for the Winter Weather Awareness Packet!
District Livestock Judging Results (Neligh, Wednesday, October 14, 2015):
Ethan, Ty, Colton, Kylin, Ashley, Kristine, Kurtis, Carter, Rebecca, and George participated. Everyone performed well! In the junior division, Kylin placed 2nd and in the senior division, Ty placed 6th!
State Range Judging Results: Junior Division – 215 Competitors
Overall, the Keya Paha FFA Team took 25th place in team competition out of 57 teams! Great showing for year #1! Keep up the good work! Kristine 35th (Green Ribbon), Kylin 99th, Ashley 142nd, and George 171st.
Watch the NC Knights Volleyball Team!